“As a leader your every action has a consequence, make sure it’s one you intend.”
Janine works with current and aspiring school leaders, teachers and education providers to enable each person to enhance their working relationships, and optimise performance, personal effectiveness and satisfaction, with the ultimate goal of improving student outcomes in an educational environment.
Leadership coaching is most often conducted one-on-one where Janine works together with each participant to articulate their goals, and map a path for working toward their achievement. A coaching plan typically consists of multiple regular hourly sessions – the number of which will be agreed with each individual.
Small groups with shared professional goals or issues may also benefit from leadership coaching.
Leadership coaching may include the issues below, or those that are specific to individuals and their own school.
- Inspiring and motivating others
- Enhancing team performance and dynamics
- Building leadership capacity and style
- Time and task management
- Transitioning to a new role – The first 100 days
- Defining and refining your personal brand
- Managing public image
- Resolving relationship issues
- Decision making behaviours and tools
- Overcoming stress, anxiety, frustration and procrastination
- Creating work-life balance to optimise performance
- Strategic thinking
- Sharing your vision
- Implementing and managing change
- Managing up and managing down
- Dealing with bullies in the workplace