The thing that most often catches people out when they find themselves in a challenging conversation is that they aren’t ready for it – they don’t know what to say.
The key to managing difficult conversations at any time is to be ready with the right statements, or questions to to make the shift from conflict to conversation. After that, there is a 6 step framework that smoothly works toward a plan of action in partnership.
Being able to manage yourself in a challenging conversation is about being ‘conversationally resilient’ – bouncing back from the surprise and moving into a conversation, and using a coaching approach to co-create the solution.
Be prepared for your next challenging conversation with the right language to use and a framework to follow.
Managing Conflict – developing conversational resilience is a one-day workshop where you’ll learn skills and strategies to stay confident and lead well in the next challenging conversation. You will develop statements and questions to use when that moment arrives that will shift conflict to conversation. You will understand how different personality types respond under stress and learn emotional intelligence techniques to manage emotions, both yours and theirs. You will also be provided with a 6 step framework that smoothly works towards a plan of action that uses a coaching approach to co-create a solution.
Wednesday 23 March 2022 9.00am – 3.30pm AEDT online
- Develop your suite of statements and questions so you have the language ready to draw upon at any moment
- Learn the 6 step framework to work through a challenging conversation to co-create a solution
- Use the mindset and approach of coaching to work through the conflict for a win-win outcome
- Adopt a more assertive style in your language and interactions to use every day
- Understand how different personality types respond under stress and the best way to work with others
- Learn emotional intelligence techniques to manage emotions, both yours and theirs
- Create an Action Plan for your next challenging conversation so now you are ready!
Per person: $390 (plus $39 GST)
Registrations close Friday 18 March 2022.
- Workbook of resources
- 6 Step Managing Conflict Framework Card
- Certificate of Attendance, mapped against AITSL standards
- 5.5 hours Prof. Development
Here is what others have said after attending the program.
I found the workshop incredibly practical in terms of a framework to use in difficult conversations and language to ensure I’m remaining assertive. Ashleigh Walsh, Yarra Valley Grammar
I felt that the workshop gave me a greater understanding of the ways that people respond to conflict. Having a template of strategies in managing challenging conversations is invaluable, thank you. Jacinta Devlin, Kilbreda College
Very practical and useful set of strategies and language that could be used in a wide range or situations. James Meade, St Bede’s College
The workshop offered high-level insights that went beyond ‘common sense dressed up’ – that you often encounter at professional development seminars. David Robinson, The King David School
This workshop has enabled me to give myself permission to be an assertive leader. It gave me useful language to use in order to ensure challenging conversations can result in positive outcomes for both parties. Carolyn Callaghan, Kilbreda College
Developing conversational resilience has brought a structured approach to how I can prepare for and manage difficult conversations. This has made me far more confident to engage in challenging conversations to problem solve. Travis Parker, The Knox School
You’ll be the role model healthy cultures need.
Managing Conflict is Module 2- Confident in the Elevating Leadership Program