The Strategic Leader: defining your focus – Term 3
Great leaders know what they want for themselves and for those around them. They appreciate that an effective team works as one and has a clear focus. They know that to do this, relationships need to be healthy with trust as the foundation and that their role as the leader, is to build capacity. They value moving forward together and work strategically to support the success of the organisation.
The Strategic Leader – defining your focus is a one-day workshop ( new for 2020) where you will more clearly identify the type of leader you want to be for your team and for your organisation, thinking and acting more strategically. Through exploring your current focus, projects, relationships, expectations and leadership style, you will work towards re-defining them. You will come away with a plan and set of actions from the coaching conversations that are interspersed throughout the day.
- Define your leadership brand, taking control of how you are perceived
- Explore the leadership support you need and select your ‘support crew’ members
- Map the status of your stakeholder relationships and plan what needs to be improved
- Unpack working relationships with leadership peers and colleagues, evaluate the adjustments needed, and design the necessary conversations
- Evaluate your current activities and focus with the organization in mind, and identify where your attention should really be
- Set clear professional boundaries and expectations for team dynamics and meetings protocol
Per person: $390 (plus $39 GST)
- Workbook of resources
- Morning tea and lunch
- Certificate of Attendance, mapped against AITSL Standards
- 5.5 hours Prof. Development
Thinking happens at a different level when you are being strategic.
The Strategic leader workshop will lift your thinking and help you find your strategic focus.
Here is what others have said after attending the program.
Authentic presenter, education specific and relatable, aware of unique challenges of school environment. Marita Renkin, St Bede’s College
Janine was easy to listen to. Plenty of clarification of the information when required. Very helpful. Will implement her advice, thankyou. Viv Ditcham, St Bede’s College
It was good to reflect on aspects of my leadership, building my brand, and developing a support crew. Anon St Bede’s College
You’ll be the role model healthy cultures need.
We can bring the program to your school for any leadership group or team
This program is ideal for building leadership capacity especially for middle leaders and anyone taking up a new leadership role.