Now running every Term – a new meeting group for educators! Week 6 Wednesday every Term.
Next event: Wednesday 7 March 2018
It is about being known for what you know and who you know and ……who knows you!
The Leadership Exchange four aims:
- to assist teachers and middle leaders to make real connections with like-minds and assist collegiate relationships to flourish
- to provide a forum for ideas to be shared, with the opportunity to public speak in a more intimate forum and your thought leadership to be heard and noticed
- to learn more about the current educational landscape, to be informed, and to learn from those people that we need to know about
- to develop great leaders of education
Stepping up in your role, stepping up in your leadership relies on you knowing the educational landscape, having your finger on the pulse. You also need connections, people that you can bounce ideas off, ask questions, people that are traveling the same road as you and experiencing the same issues and challenges, people you can learn from, people you can watch, people that will listen. The group meets once a term- that means 4 times a year. If you are serious about your leadership journey, then these are the 4 vital meetings you will attend annually and the most valuable in your leadership PD. As well as one of you presenting to the group, each meeting a special guest such as Deputy Principal, Principal, Head of School, Recruiter, Consultant will speak. Janine will also provide advice and strategies to assist your leadership journey.
Here is your opportunity, just once a term, to spend time on you, just you, your professional growth, your career, your future.
It is the type of professional growth you need to pay for; not ask for payment by your school. If you are serious about being a better teacher or leader you must invest in yourself.
Here is what people have said about The Leadership Exchange.
- Hi Janine, thanks for an engaging and interesting meeting on Wednesday night. I enjoyed the professional and no-nonsense approach, direct and to the point. I also appreciated the opportunity to meet some new people in a small environment as well as catching up with others I hadn’t seen for a while. Graham Broderick, Beaconhills College, Pakenham
- The Leadership Exchange is a wonderful opportunity to share valuable learning experiences and make professional connections. It is an excellent platform in which to network and find inspiration through developing relationships. See you at the next Exchange!! Lisa Miller, Melbourne Grammar School
Here is the program for the Term 1 event- Wednesday 7 March.
Putting the Student in the Driver’s Seat
Guided by John Hattie’s Visible Learning, focus has been placed in our Mathematics curriculum around an ‘Effective Learner Model’. As a result of this, we have implemented a program that focuses on the student’s journey through each topic, allowing them to identify their own strengths and weaknesses. A student analysis of pre-testing allows them to identify their ‘Target Areas’ and purposeful resourcing puts the student in the driver’s seat of their own learning. Here the student can build their learning dispositions and assessment capability while placing a focus on the content that they personally are finding difficult. We will explain the process, how it is implemented and the positive outcomes that we are experiencing as a result. This presentation is not just for the Maths and Science teachers.
Presenter: Carina Jansen, Head of Middle School Science, Brighton Grammar School and Nicole Clark, Middle School Mathematics Teacher, Brighton Grammar School.
Term 1 The Leadership Exchange on Wednesday 7 March, 2018, 6.00pm – 8.30pm Link to book and pay on-line.
Milanos, 4 The Esplanade, Brighton Beach (free parking onsite or train to Brighton Beach Station)
$65 plus GST (includes finger food meal) You will receive an Attendance Certificate towards PD hours
Reserve your place in the group here – Link to book and pay on-line.
If you prefer to pay by Bank Transfer, please email Janine to arrange this.
If you can’t make this event and would like to be told of other events, leave your contact details here.